Rosehip is endowed with beneficial properties for our body. The most popular method of its use is the preparation of infusion and decoction of berries. During rosehip berries preparation it is important to preserve all its micro and macro elements.
So, how to brew dried rosehip correctly? Let's consider all the options and methods in this article:
What is important to know?
Dried rosehip fruits are used in food additives, medicines, teas, drinks, syrups, and jams. Rosehip berry is also can be used to make oil, which is used in cosmetology.
Rosehip owes its red-orange color to lycopene and beta-carotene. These are carotenoid pigments that strengthen the health of the eyes and have a positive effect on the condition of the skin.
The nutrient content of fruits is influenced by the soil and growing conditions, as well as processing methods. These trace elements can help strengthen the immune system, and heart health, normalize weight, and maintain skin health.
There are several ways to prepare different drinks from rosehip:
On the kitchen stove.
One of the traditional ways of brewing rosehip is to put 1 tablespoon of dried berries in a saucepan with boiling water (250 ml) and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, covered with a lid. Then it is advisable to let the broth infuse, you can leave it for an hour, but best of all overnight.
It is important to remember that such a drink will be rich in taste, but with a minimum content of vitamins, since many of them are deteriorated during heat treatment.
In a thermos.
It is necessary to take 100 g of dried berries for a liter thermos. Rinse them thoroughly and soak them in cold water for 5 minutes. Then put it in a thermos, pour boiling water and cover with a lid. The drink should be allowed to infuse for 7-8 hours.
If you use whole berries, the broth will be less saturated in taste. To achieve a pronounced taste, you can grind the berries in a blender or just use powdered rosehip berries before pouring boiling water over them. Thanks to blanching, nutrients are preserved better. After the broth has been infused, it is necessary to strain it.
How to brew rosehip berries in a water bath?
One of the options to brew dried fruits without a thermos is a gentle water bath. For steaming, you will need 2 containers of different volumes. A smaller vessel is installed on the bottom of a large container, laying a towel or a piece of cotton fabric.
The ideal solution for steaming in a water bath is when the water in a larger vessel is at the same level as the liquid in a smaller container.
- Water is poured into a large container, put on fire;
- In a smaller vessel, prepared dried berries are laid out. For 1 tablespoon of dried berries, 250 ml. of hot water is taken (155-175 °F);
- A vessel with raw materials is placed in a large container and covered with a lid;
- It is necessary to brew for 15-20 minutes and then insist for 30 minutes.
- The cooling drink is filtered and honey is added to it if desired.
How to properly brew dried rosehip berries in a glass jar?
According to this recipe, 100 g. of dried berriesare used for 1 l. of water. The glass container must be tightly closed. To wrap up the jars, use a blanket or a terry towel.
The recipe for making rosehip tea in a jar looks like this:
- Fresh whole berries must be washed and dried;
- In a coffee grinder or food processor, you need to chop the rosehip;
- The resulting powder is poured into a glass jar;
- Next, boil the water, wait for it to cool down to 185-195 ° F, and pour it into a glass jar;
- The jar is immediately closed with a lid and wrapped in a cloth;
- Next, you need to stir the jar into a warm place and let it brew for 2 hours;
- The broth should then be filtered through 2 layers of gauze, if desired, add honey.
Leave a comment (all fields required)