Bird cherry is often called a beautiful bride. This is because when a tree "puts on" festive snow-white clothes (blooms), it turns into a real miracle. However, not only the cherry blossoms should be paid attention to. Berries and powder made from them have a unique taste and smell.
Cupcakes, cakes, and pies made of cherry flour often have a taste of rum and chocolate. Reminds someone of almonds. This is because the product contains amygdalin, which has a unique aroma and taste. Such flour is rich in phytoncides, and its calorie content is almost 3 times less in comparison with classic wheat flour.
- Due to coumarin (2H-chromen-2-one) in the composition, it is possible to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood, as well as stimulate the functions of the nervous system.
- Vitamin P, which is part of the berry, and hence the powder, is a natural antioxidant that the human body cannot produce. By eating at least a portion of cherry flour dessert, you can satisfy your daily need for manganese, P-active compounds, and vitamin E.
- Bird cherry powder can normalize the functions of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as have an anti-inflammatory and restorative effect.
- Berries are enriched with tannins, as well as malic citric acid.
How to choose the right bird cherry flour?
Today, it is not always easy to find a high-quality ready-made product in stores. Most often, it is purchased through online stores. Nevertheless, even if you managed to find a product at a regular outlet, you need to consider the following:
- You need to purchase a product with a good shelf life. Otherwise, a person will receive goods with harmful substances and microorganisms. The expired cherry powder loses its flowability and deteriorates.
- The ideal packaging option is a paper bag.
- If the product is purchased in polyethylene, then it may have an unpleasant smell.
- A high-quality powder will have a shade similar to cocoa. In the case of a different color, it can be concluded that some impurities are added. That is, it will no longer be pure cherry flour.
To be sure of the quality of the product, it is best to make it yourself at home. To make cherry flour is quite simple:
- You will need to buy dried cherry berries. It is possible to use fresh ones, but they will first need to be dried at a temperature of 113 degrees Fahrenheit. As a result, they should turn into black polka dots.
- Next, the berries will need to be sorted and ground. The fruit has a dense bone. For grinding, a meat grinder will be required. It is not necessary to remove the seeds from the fruit because they will give the berries a taste of rum and chocolate.
- After the berries are crushed, they need to be transferred to a coffee grinder and ground to a powder homogeneous consistency.
It does not matter whether it is homemade flour or store-bought, you will need to store it in a dry and relatively cool room. The temperature should not exceed 77 F.
The ideal storage capacity will be glass jars with sealed lids. On average, the cherry powder is stored for no more than 12 months after opening the package. Then the product loses its useful properties, and the dishes made from it begin to taste bitter.
How to use it in cooking?
Bird cherry flour is quite often used in the culinary field when preparing delicious but at the same time the most useful pastries. It can be used to make pies, buns, cupcakes, biscuits, casseroles and cakes. Ideally, such flour should be combined with any other, for example, buckwheat, wheat, corn, rice, etc. This will provide an unusual taste and berry smell, and the dish will not be bitter.
It should be noted that cherry powder can be included in their mandatory diet by people who adhere to a diet and want to adjust their weight. All products prepared with this flour can improve metabolism and replenish energy reserves. The berries contain fiber, which can accelerate the process of fat burning. In some countries, it is considered that cherry is a powerful aphrodisiac with the aroma of rum and chocolate
Disclaimer: For educational and informational purposes only. The information provided by Persimmon LLC (“we,” “us”, or “our”) on https://siberiangreen.com (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.