Siberian bird cherryis capable of captivating you, both with the fragrant foam of white-creamy flowers in the spring and with the agate-black berry scattering at the end of summer. The fruits are processed and dried for subsequent grinding into powder (flour). You can also use berries for jams, juices, or compotes. With bird cherry powder, you can cook jelly, make delicious pastries, prepare desserts and sauces.
Key benefits of bird cherry flour.
The glycemic index of this powder is only 20 units. Like other fiber-rich foods, bird cherry flourcan lower blood sugar levels. However, phytoncides are the real gem in this product. Bird cherry trees are called "forest orderlies" for a reason because they disinfect the air around them. Most of the beneficial properties can be preserved in dried berries.
Bird cherry flour is capable of:
- Suppress the inflammatory processes in the pancreas, including those caused by viruses.
- Strengthen immunity. This property is important in general for each person and diabetics in particular.
- To increase the sensitivity of cells to insulin. This property can help with type 2 diabetes, as well as a cure in the early stages of gestational diabetes, which affects pregnant women. But in the second case, you need to be extremely careful, because, during the period of bearing a child, such flour can be dangerous for the fetus!
Does bird cherry flour help you lose weight?
Those who want to lose weight should definitely pay attention to this product because its energy value is only 119 kcal per 100 g. Plus bird cherry is rich in fiber, which means that it will contribute to the fact that drinks and dishes prepared with its addition, will be:
- Accelerate digestion.
- Saturate the body for a long time.
- Remove toxins. Bird cherry powder acts on them like a "brush". It removes toxins from the body and makes a person feel much better.
What components are rich in bird cherry flour?
In addition to the useful fiber already mentioned above, the product is highly regarded for:
- Potassium in its composition. Promotes the normalization of water metabolism, which can be very valuable against the background of recommendations on the use of 2-3 liters of water per day.
- Vitamin K, which helps to more easily assimilate proteins and fats that enter into the body with food.
- Vitamin A, which can protect the skin from wilting, for example, when dieting, and prevent hair loss.
- Magnesium. The element is actively involved in the formation of muscle fibers. This is very important, especially for those looking to lose weight. Otherwise, losing weight can become a depletion of the body.
Also, bird cherry flour is rich in anthocyanins, due to which energy metabolism is quickly restored.
If it is necessary to protect the gastrointestinal tract from erosion, dysbiosis, or prevent diarrhea that can occur as a result of an unbalanced diet, then there is nothing better than food and drinks made from bird cherry flour.
How to bake a healthy and delicious cake?
Bird cherry powderwill help with this. For baking the cake you will need:
1.100 g of bird cherry flour
2. 100 g of classic wheat flour.
3.180 g butter.
5.100 g of sugar.
6.2 tsp baking powder.
The average baking time is about 1 hour.
Sugar, eggs, and butter must be beaten with a whisk or mixer. Then add both types of flour to the mixture (be sure to sift them first!) and baking powder. After that, you need to knead the dough. In consistency, it will turn out to be quite thick, like 20% sour cream.
Next, the dough is poured into a baking dish and sent to the oven, preheated to 356 F degrees. The cake is baked for 30-40 minutes. Readiness can be checked with a toothpick or a special wooden stick. After the cake is taken out of the oven, take it out of the mold, transfer it to a nice plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Bon Appetit!
Leave a comment (all fields required)