Bird Cherry Flour (Мука Черемухи) - a unique Siberian product and our favorite recepies for you!
Bird cherry flour (Мука Черемухи) boasts a huge content of fiber and vitamin C, which is so necessary for maintaining health. For the production of bird cherry flour, bird cherry (Черемуха in russian) fruits are used, dried in the sun or in special dryers.
The flour from the bird cherry fruits has a brown tint and a nutty taste, has a natural sweetness. Cherry flour is used for baking: cakes, pies, cupcakes, cookies, cakes. Pancakes, casseroles and various fillings are incredibly delicious from cherry flour, and drinks made from this flour have a rich aroma.
Bird cherry flour naturally does not contain gluten. 100 grams of our Siberian bird cherry flour contains 119 Cal. Just compare this with a generic brand of wheat flour containing 350 Cal. Sounds like is great way to enjoy your favorite pastries and at the same time to consume less calories! We Love our Siberian Bird Cherry Powder Flour for its’ unique, distinctive Siberian taste – Siberians compare bird cherry powder taste to a blend of chocolate, almond, and rum!
We present you delicious recipes from Siberian (Altai) bird cherry flour.
Coffee drink made from bird cherry flour
Coffee made from bird cherry flour can replace real coffee. The drink has a slightly sour taste and aroma of cherry berries.
To prepare a coffee drink from bird cherry flour, we will need:
- 200 ml of boiling water
- 2-3 teaspoons of bird cherry flour
- Sugar to taste
1. Add bird cherry flour and sugar into a container (cup, brewer, etc);
2.It is necessary to brew it in the same way as you would brew coffee;
3.If desired, you can add milk or cream to the finished drink.
"Altai Chocolate Cake" made of bird cherry flour
To prepare our favorite "Altai Chocolate Cake" from bird cherry flour, we will need:
- 50 g of bird cherry flour
- 1 egg
- 50 g of sugar
- 200 g of wheat flour
- 100 g of honey
- 200 ml of milk
- 50 g of chocolate
- 1 bag of baking powder for the dough
- Add hot milk to the cherry flour and stir;
- Add honey to the cooled mass;
- Then add sugar and 1 pinch of salt;
- Crush the chocolate into small pieces;
- Add crushed chocolate, wheat flour, 1 egg and baking powder;
- Grease a baking dish with butter and sprinkle with flour;
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees;
- Place the resulting mass in a baking dish;
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes in the oven.
Siberian bird cherry flour pancakes
To make pancakes from cherry flour, we will need:
- 70 g of bird cherry flour
- 400 ml of milk
- 1 chicken egg
- 50 g of sugar
- 150 g of wheat flour
- 20 ml of vegetable oil
1. Pour 200 ml of milk into a saucepan, bring to a boil and remove from the stove;
2.Add the bird cherry flour and mix thoroughly;
3.Cool the resulting mass;
4.Next, we need to add the remaining milk, sugar, egg and wheat flour;
5.Then add the vegetable oil and mix;
6.Heat a frying pan and fry the pancakes.
To prepare a jelly from cherry flour, we will need:
- 100 g of cherry flour
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of starch
- 5 liters of water
1.Pour 0.5 liters of water into a saucepan and bring to a boil;
2.Next, add the bird cherry flour to the boiling water and stir until smooth;
3.Then add the resulting mass, starch, honey to 1 liter of boiling water. Boil the drink again.