There is a popular opinion that hawthorn is useful for the heart and blood vessels in any form. In ancient times, the juice was squeezed out of it, decoctions and teas were prepared.
All parts of this plant are useful for the human heart, however, berries bring the maximum benefit. This is ensured by the presence of elements such as hyperoside and vitexin. These are flavonoids that can accelerate the process of glucose oxidation and ensure the release of energy from carbohydrates. The result is an increase in the level of oxygen in the blood and vasodilation.
Useful properties of hawthorn for the heart
Hawthorn from Siberia is a shrub with white flowers and small red or black berries. Both components can be used for medicinal purposes, however, berries are still used more often than inflorescences. The plant contains many compounds that provide tremendous benefits for the heart. At the same time, blood pressure is also affected to normalize it.
Among the useful components of hawthorn we can find:
- Hyperoside, stimulating the work of the myocardium. It provides an increase in the volume of blood output.
- Organic acids, which are charged with stimulating blood flow and reducing inflammatory processes in the vessels.
- Polyphenols can strengthen the walls of blood vessels and reduce their permeability.
- Vitexin, which can expand the walls of blood vessels, improve the work of the myocardium and make the vessels themselves more elastic.
Siberian hawthorn is rightfully considered a record holder for the content of useful minerals and vitamins. Per 100 g of berry there is:
- 100% of the daily value of folic acid, which has a positive effect on hematemesis.
- 142% of the norm of beta-carotene, which accelerates cell regeneration.
- 52% of the daily norm of potassium, which has a positive effect on the heart muscle.
- 2146% of the daily norm of selenium, which prevents atherosclerosis.
- 40% of the norm of zinc, which is an antioxidant that can improve the condition of vascular walls.
- 22% of iron, which affects the level of hemoglobin and provides oxygen transport to cells.
- 40% of the norm of vitamin E, acting as an antioxidant that can improve the condition of vascular cells.
- 370% cobalt, which takes part in hematemesis.
- 25% magnesium, which strengthens the nervous system and relieves the effects of stress.
Hawthorn berries are enriched with flavonoids, which in themselves are antioxidants capable of blocking the destructive effects of free radicals on all cells in the human body. It has been scientifically proven that these elements in the composition of hawthorn berries have the following positive effects:
- Reduce the risk of hypertension.
- Interfere with the development of coronary heart disease.
- Reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
The use of hawthorn berries also helps to improve the work of the heart muscle and increase physical endurance.
How to take hawthorn correctly to improve the condition of the heart and blood vessels?
You can choose several options of consuming hawthorn:
- This is a universal remedy that will be an ideal option for all people suffering from heart disease. To prepare a drink, you will need hawthorn berries powder. Pour 3 tablespoons of hawthorn berries powder with 1 liter of boiling water and bring to a boil. Keep it for 15 minutes. Take up to 1 cup a day after meals.
- Spirits infusion. Suitable for those who suffer from heart failure and atherosclerosis. 4-5 tablespoons of hawthorn berries powder 1 liter of vodka. Send it to a dark place for 2 weeks. Shake the tincture daily. Take 20 drops 3 times a day for 30 days.
- To prepare it, you will need to grind the dried berries of hawthorn. For example, in a blender or a meat grinder. Next, pour 2 tablespoons of raw materials with a glass of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes. After that, remove from the heat, cover with a towel and wait until the broth cools down. The resulting drink should be divided into 5 equal parts and taken throughout the day. The course of admission is a week. Next, you need to take a break for 5 days. Repeat the course as needed.
Disclaimer: For educational and informational purposes only. The information provided by Persimmon LLC (“we,” “us”, or “our”) on https://siberiangreen.com (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Leave a comment (all fields required)